Angela Umstead Ed. S.
School Psychologist / Director of Student Services (Grades K-5)
(330) 567-2837 ext. 4004
Director of Student Services (Grades 6-12)
(330) 264-2114 ext. 3050
The special education department is dedicated to the following philosophies:
- All children can learn.
- We hold high expectations for student achievement.
- All children will have access to and progress in the general education curriculum.
- Special education is a service, not a place.
- A full continuum of services best supports the needs of children.
- An alignment must be created between a student's individual needs and educational services.
- Performance must be measured systematically.
- The emphasis should be on the child, not on the disability.
- Open and continuous communication between all stakeholders is crucial for student success.
- It takes an entire community to support a child.
In an effort to serve young people with disabilities, school districts in Ohio are in the
process of locating and evaluating children from birth through 21 years of age.
Disabilities may include developmental delays, health impairments, autism, speech
and language impairments, and severe behavior disorders. Parents are not always
aware that there are services available for these children. If you know a child who
may have a suspected disability please contact the Director of Student Services at 330-567-2837.